The Activities: International Science Youth Camp for Invention
DR. CUERO SPEAKING AT THE PARC-FOR-CREATIVITY IN TEL-AVIV, ISRAEL. 2007 More Info
1. Problem to be solved:
The world has become a real Global Village. Therefore, it brings the advantage of diversity, which is key in creativity toward prosperity to anybody.
Many factors contribute to the economic constraint of communities and countries, the main of which is lack of available jobs. High unemployment in depressed economies may occur even in the presence of abundant resources and non-disseminated knowledge regarding techniques, technology, and scientific information. Biotechnology could be applied, in such situations, to existing natural resources which then may act as catalysts for generating new industries, technologies and new and different kinds of jobs for the populace.
Currently, conventional education alone cannot easily address the fast pace of contemporary technology and science. Therefore, there is a need for high organization like the Parc-for-Creativity (PFC) based on creativity toward discoveries and/or inventions, with synergies from a variety of sources.
In addition, the job market in technological fields has become more competitive, heightening the need for communities to go back to basic research (curiosity-driven research) in order to uncover the kind of new and fundamental knowledge that is essential for propelling new advances in technology, and to anticipate market trends. To achieve the above aim, the pool of potential scientific talent needs to increase in size and versatility.
High school students, college students, professionals, industry, government, and society.
3. Proposed Solution
Dr. Raul Cuero based on his life experience and as an inventor scientist has developed an innovative methodology of teaching learning that complement traditional education, fostering the development of creative capacities in the participants. It seeks that young people break their paradigms and become creators of new knowledge, inventors scientists with an economic worldwide value in science and technology fields, art, business and communication, economy, languages, history. They will also be trained in an integral way to contribute to the development and significantly to the economies of their countries.
Dr. Cuero is the founder of Houston-USA PCF (Parc For- Creativity) that serves as the parental for the other PFC around the World including Israel , Africa , Latin America and soon Europe .
Other Functions of PFC
- Reference for scientist research, and technical consultancy.
- Provide technical knowledge to solve any problem related to the areas mentioned above.
- Liaison for business with World companies.
- Select and train the best professionals needed by companies and governments, to become creative and / or inventor. Also, to make them mentors in the PFC.
4. Execution Mechanisms and Institutional Aspects
The membership of PFC will be, $ 1000 per year.
All the PFC, from different parts of the world, will be connected to the Houston-USA -PFC
The different PFCs should be able to support themselves.
The PFC will be composed by 5 minimum or 15 maximum students, per group who will be under the tutoring or mentorship of an assigned practicing scientist, a professional trainee, and an overhead.
6. Activities or Logistic Functioning
- Permanent interaction among all the members of the different PFC through Internet networking systems.
- A place for lectures, workshops, and ab practice supplied with the necessary facilities.
- Summer Camps. World PFC participants will get together in an established site once a year for 2 months. There they will enrich their creativity interacting with the conceptual and cultural diversity of their inventor partners. They will advance in the application of their invention projects where they will be tested, assessed and enhanced. The summer camp will be held in different countries each year.
- There is a venture capital component, which will supply capital seed for research and development, and marketing of inventions.
Estimated time. 3 5 years. However, it is expected that the students show tangible indications of creativity (i.e. invention, discovery and/or new concept) by the third year of participation, in order to continue in the program.
8. PROGRAM BUDGET
The budget will depend on the country, number of students and duration of the program.
Knowledge base maintenance
PFC Overhead and Coordination